FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Friendly Arboreal Snakes??
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
Morelia4life
The only "arboreal" snake I am familiar with are the carpet pythons. They are semi arboreal and some can be nippy/cage aggressive and some can be on the calm side. The cage size would be fine for the carpets. 6 feet tall is plenty tall enough for any carpet and a little of 2 feet wide isn't bad either.

I have no experience with GTP's or ETB's so I can't comment on if they are friendly or not but I have read that the ETB's can be pretty aggressive though.

As for the price of the snake, it depends. If you want a nice classic Jungle carpet then those can go for any where from $350 to $500. If you want a Coastal Carpet which is the largest of the species, then they can go from anywhere from $100 to $250 or so depending on size and bloodline. If you want a carpet that doesn't get that big and isn't that expensive, then I would go with the Irian Jaya. They are the smallest of the carpets and you can probably pick up a baby for around $100 or so. When the carpets are younger they can be nippy/cage aggressive but they usually do grow out of it.

I hope this helps. Justin