FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Relationships
Thread: Relationships
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
Relationships

Has anyone made a relationship work where you didn't really have anything in common with your partner? How did you overcome the lack of things in common?

The reason I ask is me and my ex continue to remain friends even though we cant seem to make it work as a relationship. It's not that we fight... we just dont have the same interests in things. Before I was working two jobs (my real one and my reptile biz) and she is working two jobs (two real ones)... so even time together wasnt easy at times. Add in her kids activities and the time gets even smaller.

For the most part (last 5 years) I have stayed on evening shift at work because it always worked better with the reptile business plus it paid more $$$. But for the next quarter I bid on and got a daywatch post. I was talking with her about what my next schedule will be and that it ought to be interesting cause Im not used to getting up early in the morning. Her response was... I'll call you in the mornings.

It's kinda obvious that we still like each other, we just cant seem to last longer than a year at a time.

Any ideas or suggestions?