FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My False water cobra collection
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
bigjay
My False water cobra collection

Here are 90% of the members of my ever growing FWC collection. These snakes are so absolutely fascinating, If you enjoy an interactive snake with uncanny intelligence then I suggest looking into false water cobras. Keep in mind they are rear fanged and are venomous..however their bite is not a serious threat unless you are allergic. I took my first envenomated bite this morning from a juvie ( 2' er) and I experienced very minor swelling, localized slight numbness and redness and nothing else at now 12 hours later.

Some of these pics were taken with a simple camera phone at moments when I just needed a picture so please excuse the overall crappy-ness of the photo quality.

I also have videos of all of these guys feeding nice and gentely on youtube.. just search my user name; 209jay .

This is my adult male who will be used in a joint breeding program this coming 10/11' season over several females. He is kind of the opposite of a hypo in that he has almost solid black saddles. really really super laid back.

2010 female..this is the one bieng hand fed a fuzzy in my other video post. She is super sweet and the favorite of my wife and kids. Youve never seen such an inquisitive, outgoing hatchling snake. ( note the stark coloration difference between juvies and adults/sub adults)

yes..thats a snake perched on my shoulder not a parrot

2006 super hypo female produced by Wes Pollack. She had just shed minutes before the photos of her in the enclosure. again..great temperment and stunning beauty.

This girl is going to be a monster, shes 2.5 years old and almost 5' already. This one has a great gold tone with greenish highlights that dont show well in photographs.

This is my other male, hes just over 2 years old and has the same gold tone as the above female. I will definitely breed these two to see if the gold is carried onto the offspring over the grey tone that many of them are. This guy is rediculously inquisitive bordering on nosey. It is impossible to clean his enclosure without having him come out or get his head right in your way when your moving hides or water bowls...seriously too much help

thanks for looking.. I should have a serious load of babys next year so im sure my collection will be much larger this time next season.