FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My False water cobra collection
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
bigjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK907 View Post
Great looking collection, Jay! Thanks for sharing!

I've been really starting to like these guys lately. I've never seen one in person but I love the look and what I've heard about thier personalities. You said you're gunna be breeding them next season? If you're gunna part with any hit me up. Should give me plenty of time to research them a little more by then.
Its usually when a person sees a tame adult for the first time that they fall for them... When you notice that as your checking him/her out you are bieng checked out in return

Researching them is tough, theres not too much out there about them and some of what is out there is incorrect or exaggerated. For instance.. their venom is toxic ( obviously) but their delivery system and the amount they are capeable of delivering is pretty insignificant in comparison. I actually took my first envenomated bite from a new snake yesterday ( it is a juvie that was never handled and has been fed live prey) other than very minor local swelling, a little extra blood and some redness there were no ill effects.

I will certainly be letting some go next year and will have 3 known distinct bloodlines available for unrelated pairs, If you happen to want one sooner I have friends that have babys from 2 different clutches available still ( one clutch are siblings to my 2010 female).