FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is This a Good Idea?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:20 PM   #60
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder View Post
I just hope the person who decided to train him knows that he freehandles venomous herps. Not because of machismo, of course, we all know that color shows better when subject is in hand, and not on some background that would highlight colors, but I digress. I would not want someone around my herps who was into freehandling, even if they say they won't, because you can't keep your eye on them the whole time, and the urge would be to great. Maybe he has found someone who is also into freehandling, there are people who do it, even some that are labled, arguably as experts.
So if a person can free handle venomous snakes without getting bit wouldn't that constitute a a level of true expertise? How is that arguably not an expert? I mean most snake handlers not even venomous handlers could pin a snake and choke it without getting bit. Handling venomous is definitely not for everyone and of course it should not be taken lightly with carelessness. Wouldn't the experts know what you can and cannot handle? The means of how to go about free handling without getting bit takes a lot of time, knowledge and skill? How do you argue that? On a hypothetical basis? What if, well what if this and what if that? Should we never drink water because what if a person drank too much water well hell it'd kill them. Well then the right to have firearms should be banned because what if you accidentally shot yourself. What if a sober person gets in a car accident should they never be allowed to drive a car ever again?