FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is This a Good Idea?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:58 AM   #51
thesnakeman
Okeedokee. You want to be hard headed. Go right ahead. Be my guest. I will probably never read about it, or hear about it, but if you maintain your current attitude, sooner or later you will get tapped. My only regret is that you still don't seem to get it. I will unsubscribe myself from this thread after this, as you are obviously too upset to really hear what I'm trying to convey. But for those of you who are listening, I will share with you a bit of wisdom. You can take it, or leave it,....There are two kinds of people who handle hots. Those that have been bitten, and those that have not been bitten,... {YET}.

I will say this. I am sorry if you were offended by anything I said. It was not my intent to hurt your feelings. It was my intent to get your attention. But you asked for it. So I have no regrets. However, if you do not accept the advice we have offered, no matter how it made you feel, YOU may have some very serious regrets of your own some day when that mamba or taipan is latched onto you, and you feel yourself slipping into a deaths cold grip. I hope not. All the things I said, were designed to help you NOT to go down that road. But in the end, the choice is yours. Good luck! Your going to need it!

As far as anyone seeing the pic, or you having a negative effect on the herp scene, well,...maybe not this time. But when you get tapped we will all feel the reprecussions. Maybe not directly, but it will continue to erode the freedoms we enjoy. Their are a lot of people out there who would love to stop us from keeping any kind of snake all together. And every time some body gets bit, or releases a big burm into the wild, or scares somebody, or uses hots to guard their dope, or does anything with a snake that would send chills down the spine of the general public, it makes us all look bad, and it's just one more nail in the coufin of herpeticulture. So please don't let this mess get you into a tizzy. Just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and listen to the sound of your own heart beat. Then reflect on how good it is that you can still do that. And on how nice it is that we can all still keep snakes. Again, good luck, and please think about it.
T.