FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is This a Good Idea?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #55
Manhattan Herps
ok..im not going to sit here and bash you...

but i must agree with gregg and everyone else 100%

handling a venomous snake no matter what it is, shows an enormous amount of stupidity..just because you see irwin on TV free handling mambas, or king brown..does not mean you can to...mocc may not have a vemon toxicity as high as a mamba, but it still deserves to be respected and treated as though it did, free handling one just to show off it's colors is completely idiotic, was there even anyone there with you?, probably not..

all snakes should be respected, venomous and large boids being at the top of the list, both can kill..and there are many careless owners out there, who have no supervision while handling a hot or a 22ft burmese python, no matter how "tame" the snake may be, it can still kill

there was a guy in i think..either california or florida, who had a female burmese python for 6 years, kept it in his basement, he went down to feed it in the morning, the snake struck at his arm, he them proceeded to take the burm out of its enclosure, which was a huge mistake..the snake wrapped itself around the ownder, and he was dead in 15 minutes.

his mistakes...going down alone, while your on the floor, whos going to put alchohol on the snakes face..or pour hot water on the snake to attempt to get the snake off of you

feeding without pliers or tongs, the snake sences and see's the heat of the arm. and the food item, if the guy would have used tongs..the snake would not have grabbed ahold on his arm..accosiating the heat from the prey item, to the cold of the metal tongs or pliers

the point here being that all snakes are unpredictable, so the next time you decide you want to show your venomous snakes coloring...dont hold it in your hands...

gregg, or anyone else, let me know if' ive left anything out..6:00am..havnt gone to sleep yet...lol