FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - about siklback and their husbandry
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #67
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
So what you are saying is only breeders are allowed to have concerns whether this practice should be done? And who was it that couldn't feed their dragons six months ago? What does any of that have to do with this thread?

And by the way, buddy, all concerns are legitimate, no matter what your lord and highness thinks.
He was referring to me, ladies. Yes, after I had quit my job to care for my son and attempt to get him proper care...yet again...we hit some fairly large roadbumps. There was about 10 days I think (sorry but I didn't bother to write it down) that my dragons all went without bugs. They had nothing but salads. When that happened, I was already working on rehoming a good number of the dragons, and was still working on rehoming some more.

Yes, I probably should have started rehoming them sooner, but under the circumstances, I did the best I could.

Shortly thereafter, I got the job of my dreams, where I could work from home and homeschool my kids. Due to my son's disease, this has proven to be the best alternative for him. I wouldn't change the choice I made, except for the fact that I unknowingly sent out a bunch of probable AV positive animals in the process.

By the way, Dennis, if I'm not mistaken, again, I didn't write it down, but I do believe that was in late summer/early fall last year...not 6 months ago. Six months ago, I brought in well over $1,000 on my part time job...quite enough to feed my dragons.

You know, you say that you have a reputation for being fair and honest, and until you made that comment, Dennis, I would have agreed.

What you seem to forget, however, is that I have also never been anything but honest, even when faced with some really difficult questions. I'll tell you what, Dennis, the day you deal with what I've dealt with just in the past year, and you do it perfectly, in a way that EVERYONE would approve of, please let me know. Until then, I would appreciate it if you'd forgive me for not doing things exactly as everyone else seems to think I should be.

Give me a freaking break. I'm doing the best I can do.