FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #89
snakebstr
Evan WE cannot, But as was said earlier they are just looking for funding either through fines or the permits themselves. My opinion is if they cannot survive on their own then they should shut the mess down and not try and stick the petty laws on US to collect revenue. How much of the money generated goes back to florida wildlife and not the officers(i.e. paying wages or saleries) busting some vender for trying to buy a snake from a kid/officer who either doesn't have the snake or is tired of caring for it in the kids case. How can they Bust you if the enticement animals don't exist? In this case SELLING ANIMALS WITH OUT A PERMIT(NO SNAKE NO CRIM, Because even if he(vendor) aggreed to buy the snakes the officer never even had them, Or just because the Vender didn't ASK for a Permit before talking with the guy about buying a few unwanted snakes, this is crazy. I hope someone got this situation wrong because I would hate to know I am paying the government to do such acts. I know they do some pretty shabby acts but BUSTING someone for not asking if the have a permit to sell animals seems a little out of bounds, What about the officer that doesn't have a permit? Should he then be charged for Attempting to deceive someone in order for them to break the law? I am almost sure I would have been busted because I do several shows in the eastern part of the country and have never heard of this kind of permit where you(the vender that has a permit) has to check everyone you buy from to make sure he/she has a permit. Are any other states like florida? I am now wondering how many times I should have been busted. I think OHIO has a permit like this and Georgia does also. Hummmmmmmmmmm guess I will have to do some checking around. Since I BUY a lot of animals for PEOPLE walking around every time I hit a show. My ending statement IS That THE BUYER of the snakes shouldn't get in trouble if they have the permit required as at most shows the vendors need sometype of permit these days. The only one that should get in trouble is the guy that doesn't have His/her permit when selling animals or It shouldn't even apply to someone that only sells a few snakes they don't want anymore. Thanks DAVID