FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can 'O Crickets/canned silkworms from Exoterra
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 04:30 AM   #6
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee Reptiles
Roaches!!! Clean(er), cheap (to maintain a colony), and healthy for your gecko! Not to mention they aren't nearly as annoying as crickets!
No Joke! I detest crickets!! I get my roaches from a good friend who breeds them as my family and my boss think they are "dirty"--yeah, right, they are only as dirty as you let them be, they are easier to clean up after than crickets.

I use the canned foods as supplements, basically. Have you ever been snowed in? I have. I'm not dieing or wrecking my only source of transport to go get gecko food. I love my gecks and only feed them top quality foods, but they do not repair cars nor do they work to get their own food, I do that and gratefully.

I feel these canned sources of feed have their place when used responsibly and should be given more than a sniff and a second glance.

Use them as you feel comfortable, but do not sell them short if you've never had the cajones to try them. My gecks are fine, healthy, breeding and obviously are not dead from eating this food so there could be something in those cans besides air...