FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - thereptileroom = cheat of the month
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #43
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
Jim,
After reading your post I agreed with you. However, the hard part was deciding what kind of warning points the guy qualified for. Quite frankly, IMO 1 warning point for posting a BOI topic in another forum didn't seem sufficient. (I agree with you that this certainly wasn't an "accident"...especially since he posted a similar topic in the past (even though no one seemed to notice). In the end I decided on "Name calling and general derogatory statements" not because it was necessarily the most fitting penalty, but because it is applicable and the number of warning points seem more appropriate given the nature of the infraction (IMO at least).

I will leave it up to Rich as to whether or not he wants to move/remove this topic, or modify my approach to the problem.

Well you know being that I see worse every day I really didn't see it as name calling. But then again I haven't been around here much so I am really jaded on the whole name calling issue.

Though I do understand that if you do call someone a name you are fined and suspended. Not a bad concept really as it will encourage more to post. Though I bet a lot of people have bitten through their tounge's due to this (myself being included in that group). Kind of neat trying to tread lightly and keep things on the up and up though, makes me think and knock some cobwebs off the old grey matter.