FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry: Anyone ever dealt with "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish" in Michigan
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #1
elago
Inquiry: Anyone ever dealt with "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish" in Michigan

Was thinking about nailing down a deal with these guys, and simply don't know a thing about them. They offered to buy some herps I had available, but red flag # 1 was they expect you to ship first THEN send you a cashier's check after they arrive ok. What's the difference in sending it beforehand? He seemed like an allright guy when I talked to him on the phone, but I've NEVER heard anything about this company on the BOI and I found that a little odd. First of all, it's going to take some FANTASTIC references from a LOT of people for me to be in a rush to send a shipment to them, so if anyone's ever dealt with this company in this fashion I'd like to hear a little feedback. It's a situation where if I was sending animals to a stand-up guy that I knew or had a great reputation (like Joe Reagan, Joe Romely, Terry Heuring, ect.) I wouldn't hesitate in the least to send a box overnight for later payment, but this just seems a tad fishy to me. Like I said, please, if you have any feedback on the company I'd love to hear it. -Eric Lago