FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry: Anyone ever dealt with "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish" in Michigan
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
elago

To the first post, I don't know the physical address yet, mind you, I was simply considering the deal, to which I'd hoped the thread would help me find a few people who had dealt with them personally. To the second post, I understand companies try to avoid getting ripped off as well, but what about ME getting ripped off by someone saying they showed up dead or not at all being out X amount of dollars with no way to recoup it? I posted to find some people who've dealt with the company directly, and thus far all I have is this email (the source of which I will not disclose):

Email I received around 10 this morning CST

In regards to your post about House of tropical and reptile. I sent him a shipment COD which he was supposed to pick up and pay with certified fiunds. It was a $XXXXXXXX shipment. I sent it on a friday and when it got there he never picked it up When i finally got a hold of him on Tuesday after the animals had been sitting in Detroit all weekend he said he had no money and was wondering if he could write a post dated check for the shipment. Of course i refused his offer and the animals were returned to me by XXXXX. I paid shipping both ways which was over $XXXX. I will be sending him a bill for this if its not paid he will go to collections. I would not ship this guy until you receive payment in advance
regards

With that said,
THAT'S what I call helpful. I posted to hear some personal experiences people had with the company directly. Regardless of what numbers you put into the blanks above, IT'S NOT A GOOD SITUATION. Therefore, with that email alone, this guy doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to ever receive any animals from me without the funds first, just from one email! It would take a lot of satisfied people completing numerous transactions with them (which was what I was hoping to hear by starting this thread) for me to even consider it, much less do it. If they're a big importer/exporter/wholesaler/retailer like they refer to on their ad on kingsnake: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=43&de=165627 Then why aren't there a bunch of satisfied (or dissatisfied) posts all over the BOI???? Heck, every business gets put through one way or another through here, why haven't I heard anything about them? Some food for thought. Thanks for your posts but I believe I've found my answer. -Eric Lago