FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry: Anyone ever dealt with "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish" in Michigan
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 02:28 PM   #5
sputnik
Quote:
I sent it on a friday and when it got there he never picked it up When i finally got a hold of him on Tuesday after the animals had been sitting in Detroit all weekend he said he had no money and was wondering if he could write a post dated check for the shipment. Of course i refused his offer and the animals were returned to me by XXXXX. I paid shipping both ways which was over $XXXX. I will be sending him a bill for this if its not paid he will go to collections. I would not ship this guy until you receive payment in advance
A question, he shipped on a Friday?

Okay, not sure how he shipped, but shipping on a Friday will result in the animals being left at a depot all weekend. BIG mistake on the senders part.

He also rejected a post dated check. He has rejected payment, but is billing the person who was supposed to get them.

The person receiving the animals is obviously NOT to be trusted if he couldn't pay for the shipment he agreed to.

The email you got is hardly a good reference point because both parties made mistakes. You need to lay out your terms of sale to house of tropical fish and they can abide by them or lose a sale. They are your animals, you decide what the terms are and what they are worth.

I also recently posted an inquiry about the same company on the BOI here and got nothing. You may or may not get a reply from someone that has delt with them.

I am also considering dealing with, so I will be interested to see if you get a direct reply.

Best of luck!