FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry: Anyone ever dealt with "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish" in Michigan
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 04:53 PM   #9
Mickey_TLK
Eric and Scott

First I want to say I have never dealt with or spoken with the "house". However if Im not mistaken I have dealt with both of you guys (my memory on names is bad sometimes). I know your both good guys, and want to be trusting as possible, but in this instance I would take the advice of the email you recieved Eric. No matter IF the sender made mistakes, it does sound to be the exact same situation as you are about to place yourself in.

Sure the sender IN THEORY should not have sent on a friday, however one fact could change my stance on that easily. IF THE ANIMALS WERE SHIPPED DELTA, then I see no problem with friday, saturday, or sunday shipments. That is the beauty of delta, they are a everyday shipper.

Next for the unwillingness to accept a post dated check. To that I would speak of a few of my own personal experiences. I have a shop I sell to that EVERY WEEK pays me with a BAD POST DATED CHECK. I have gotten to the point that I KNOW my money will not be available for two weeks after payment was supposed to be made. Of course everyone asks why I dont pull the plug, well I am slowly, but with that being said Im not repoing animals from his shop to bring home and put my collection at risk (we all know how shops can be). So instead Im waiting for my inventory to run out and not restocking...lol...but anyways. If it were me, and this guy took 3 days to even try and accept shipment, then offered a POST DATED CHECK, on what sounds like THE FIRST DEAL (also an important fact to know, but somewhat irrelavent) I WOULD NEVER ACCEPT HIS CHECK EITHER> Granted the sender knew he was risking the animals more on the return trip, but again if its delta that could have been as short as another 4 hours, well worht sending back in my opinion.

As for billing the "house" for the shipment. I would also. the way it sounds to me, the seller is billoing for shipping costs, not animal cost. In reality the "house" is lucky the shipper wasnt forced to bill for dead animals after sitting for soo long.

Just my 2 cents

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles