FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - something most people don't about the
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 11:57 PM   #8
Ken Harbart
HSUS is by no means the "animal welfare" organization that they tout themselves as. They are a left-wing animal rights group, with much the same misguided agendas as PeTA (People for extremism and terrorist acts).

Some notable quotes from the HSUS hieracrchy...
"The life of an ant and the life of my child should be granted equal consideration"- Dr. Michael Fox

(On the use of insect sprays) "Only a few of the million you kill would have bitten you."- Dr Michael Fox

"Don't breed dogs, don't buy, don't even accept giveaways"- HSUS CEO John Hoyt

"We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding. ...One generation and out. We have no problems with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding"- HSUS VP Wayne Pacelle.

Finally, we must deal with this:
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To quote so many vegs before me: &quot;How can you love an animal called a pet and eat an animal called dinner?&quot; The point is, there's no such thing as a meat-eating environmentalist or meat-eating animal-lover...</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

The &quot;how can you&quot; is a type of pseudoreasoning known as begging the question. Taking the flawed logic one step sideways, you could easily ponder the question, &quot;how can you love an animal and keep it confined in an unnatural state?&quot;

As for the &quot;there's no such thing&quot; statement, that is so patently false that I won't bother addressing it further.