FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - something most people don't about the
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 12:43 AM   #9
Florencia R.
Rather than argue with you guys about this point, which is like arguing about religion--it never gets anywhere--I'll just say this: why do people always have to attack others on forums like this? Not to act like a victim, but it's not like I was attacking any of you in the first place--just the people that think killing animals for fun is a good idea. And of all people, why does it always the skinny, soft-spoken vegetarian that you know would just sigh rather than try to make enemies?

Okay, I have to touch on one issue: hunting ADDS to problems of overpopulation and illness. Hunters generally go for the big, beautiful buck with the nice antlers that would make a great trophy to put over the fireplace, leaving the weaker animals to pass on their bad genes or even inbreed. As breeders, you'd think you guys would know this. Big, strong parents = big, strong offspring. Weak, starving parents with brittle bones = weak, starving offspring with brittle bones. Trust me, I know, this area has a lot off deer and in fact there's a small island right off the coast that's filled to the brim with sick, deformed, inbred deer that are all starving to death--a problem that started when the area was heavily hunted, and has only increased since. Now if hunters went for those crappy-looking mangy deer....yeah right. Those permits cost way too much, and everyone wants a trophy.

Please, seriously, research the issue...There is a reason why so many people are vegetarian. The health problems, environmental damage, famine, etc. that we always talk about really are linked to meat consumption, so before attacking me and taking cheap shots related to tofu, just look it up.
**peace n' love and whatever bull####...**