FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Getting large female RTB and young dumeril's to eat....
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
hunterjackson
well....here are the answers

Alright....i aquired the large female RTB recently. She was eating large rats, from the place i got her, and i am getting the same rats that she was eating. I do handle them some. I imagine they are slightly stressed. the female went to the vet yesterday, and then to visit her previous owner. the dumeril's got out the night before for about 6 hours, finally found her in one of my shoes.

the dumeril's has eatin for me before, a couple of times. the temps are from about 86 during the day to about 82 at night. hoppy, on ks, gave me the idea of using chicken broth to try to stimulate the feeding. im going to leave them alone for about 36 hrs, and try again. i am thinking that the female is on a breeding fast and hard due to the time of year. she has had 2 litters at a total of 52 offspring. 46 made it to this day.

i appreciate everyone's help for a newbie.

i am just so used to my ball feeding on anything i put infront of him that i get freaked out easily!!!

humidity--checking it with a diamond crown digital hygrometer for cigars....very good hygrometer. reading in the high 40's....but i mist down daily and my RTB likes, and always, turns over her water dish.

thanks for you help, if you can think of anything more, let me know...

when is force feeding needed? i know it wont be for a long time. the RTB is chunky and slightly over weight. the dumeril's is a yearling...but still thin...but very active, so she is not sick. took the rtb to the vet....said she's perfect and ready to breed! got her a boyfriend who is all over her.

thanks
Hunter