FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Herping West Texas
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #5
sppeavy
I usually stay in Alpine. I run all directions out of there. I generally dont go farther east that Del Rio unless Im going down to Brownsville to catch gators. I am moving to San Angelo this spring, so I hope to be able to find some new areas and explore more. Id like to do more rock flipping for rare snakes and lizards. Should be fun. I want to get more west to find some different lizards out there. With all the people that go out there, Im surprized that not more people are wanting to tell there stories on here. I here that last fall a rancher found a 2 headed diamondback that was around 4 feet long. He was scared of it and killed the snake, but it was still cool to hear about. I also saw a picture of a diamondback that was almost 8 feet long. It was found near Amarillo. I got some friends comming down to herp in the spring, you should come. The more the better! No fighting over snakes though!! I would like to take some people down to the Falcon State park. I found some Cateyed snakes down there and some indigos. The indigos made good pictures, but i had to release them. Also found a ton of Blue Spiny Lizards around there. You ever find anything around you? I have herped around Emporia a few times, but its so flat. Mostly found rat snakes.