FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Herping West Texas
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
sppeavy
We are actually going to start in El Paso. My friend is flying down from WA., and its cheapest to land in El Paso. Where I live now, people have been extremely rude and act like I dont know what im talking about. There is this guy out here that thinks he knows all and he swore that I never saw a Massassauga here. Well, that guy is a idiot, because I sent him a picture of the pair I found and the 12 babies they produced the first year. Since then, the Male has died, but the Female is kicking and the babies all survived accept 2 of them. I just got lucky. I was at my collard lizard spot. it was about 90 degrees and high humidity. I was out at 9:00am. I found them when i was least expecting too, so you will sooner or later. The guy that owns the hotel in Sanderson, TX has a desert massassauga that he found around there, so they are there somewhere. I want to look around your area for lizards and snakes. I like the desert lizards also. I have a friend in Tucson that has found 2 green ratsnakes, so i would love a few of those.