FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
Thread: Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #387
Rick Staub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerards View Post
Can you take a snake to a vet and determine if the animals has IBD or crypto? Can you take a Z to the vet to determine if it has ZD? You are saying that all you have to do is say that you think it has something and that is reason for a refund. I think that it is possible for a snake to go south very quickly and it is possible for it not to be a sellers fault. Jerry is refunding him and there is no proof of what happened. There isn't even a test to say it is ZD. Stu said he talked to Jerry and they are working it out. What else is there to talk about? Stu is getting his full refund and all the comments from the keyboard commandos is what's irrelevant.
Wow Gerard. I was about as impartial as you can get and by your standard I am a "keyboard commando"? I even stated that it was unfair that the seller has to take on this responsibility when something comes up shortly after a sale. What gives?

No ZD cannot be diagnosed past looking at symptoms and using experience to make plausible assumption (done more often then you think in medicine). For IBD you need to do a liver biopsy to look for inclusions. Not possible for many vets and frequently done during necropsy. For crypto you can look for fecal spores (?) but sometimes you need to do stomach scrapes post mortum. Point being that if symptoms arose within days of receipt for either of these typically fatal diseases, why should the buyer put out substantially more time and funds to show they definitively have the disease? If a python starts star gazing with a couple days it is going back to the seller. If a rosy is puking every meal it is going back to the seller. It is unfair but the presumption is that the seller is responsible regardless if the snake actually has the disease in the end.