FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
Thread: Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #474
TONY D
Stu I’m not sticking up for Jerry. I think I’ve said that he’s made mistakes handling this matter and I hardly gave him a pass on my last post. That said, I do see both sides here and I maintain the belief that this went public too soon and that remains a contributing factor in the dispute. That isn’t a justification for Jerry’s loosing focus on you as his customer but given the quick storm that ensued I can hardly blame him for going becoming distracted and going into defensive mode either.

Yes you are “currently” out 3100 but unless I’m really really wrong about Jerry he’s not “stupid” enough to back away from giving you the refund he promised with all this public attention. Given that it just seems to me that the play by play reporting is about punishing Jerry not getting the money you know you’re going to get. If I were in your position, I’d like to think I would be chill enough to wait 5 or so days past the deadline before posting that payment had not been made. Certainly if I did that nobody could or would rise to the seller’s defense or call my motives into question.

I do have one question about this that hasn’t been brought up. What was your first impression of the animals as you received them? Did you think wow these guys are fat and sassy or was their initial condition a bit of a disappointment? The reason I ask is if your first thought was wow these things are beast then I would also think you’d understand some of Jerry’s hesitation to have to swallow this whole deal.

If you have had to swallow such a deal as well you know that, in the absence of complete information (which the seller NEVER has) you always have this nagging feeling you've been screwed by someone who isn't accepting their measure of responsibility. I once replaced a hypo coastal that died after a week. In the pics sent to me it looked like the animal was left in its shipping container the entire time, died and desiccated before being discovered. This animal didn’t die "a few hours after it was fed and watered"; it had been dead and was pretzel stiff. This happened in the hands of a VERY experienced keeper who gave me every assurance that the animal had been properly cared for. I went ahead and replaced the animal to keep the incident off the boards (and because there was a third party who had zero responsibility for the snake's demise but would otherwise absorb the loss) but I still have this nagging suspicion that that animal died due to neglect. Was I right to replace the animal, from a business perspective to keep it off the board, absolutely. Should I have had to, well, I’ll never know and this is the thing, neither will Jerry. That is why I ask for grace to let this resolve and in the end I would hope a little gratitude that it did.