FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - More input wanted...
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #20
homegrownherps
I really cant say what the reasoning behind not putting prices for everyone to see. One thought comes to mind though ...maybe, a different price for different people.

As far as "not pricing will, in thought, make a perspective buyer more inquisitive about animal." I think it will genererate less sales than anything else. Aren't all of the people who attend a herp show "a prospective buyer"?

Providing security can be a good thing, but I have seen it where it was a bit much. I had some tables a a show in S.C. where they had security, but went way over board on the daytime security. I didn't see the need for them to all be armed, 2-3 sets of handcuff, sticks etc. A few guys/girls w/ shirts they say security would have sufficed. It was almost like the expected the president to show up

I think just about all of the promoters have a listing of the vender's signed up the show. But they should also have a link back to their site and/or the vender contact info. This will also help people decide if they want to make the trip and possible set up pre-sales.