FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #181
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Well, when it could easily appear that past purchases are the sole determining factor for why any given party chooses to support another, some people may feel that that information is very relevant. It seems that the simple act of purchasing from manny has an uncanny polarizing affect, when it comes to their capacity to objectively gauge his character.

As such, some may find it noteworthy that, as of 5/8/2102, you had made at least one purchase and had a payment plan going for two more animals. Since your cultural sensibilities didn't seem to deter him from publicly posting about your purchases on another site, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by simply reiterating your own post here.

It just seems that those who've had good experience with manny completely lack the ability to see that there's clearly another side to that coin. Some may choose to see this as a witch hunt, where only his negative aspects are being focused on. However, as many around here often say, it's how the bumps in the road are handled that say the most about a given person/business. When his BG threads are viewed in that context, I think they say some extremely unflattering things about him. Things which simply don't go away after posting a simple PR statement of an apology.

Also, I noticed the Mr. Ortiz isn't using his full name when he posts.
I have to say, I started feeling a lot less sympathetic towards him when I was reading his posts on Facebook. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and Manny genuinely didn't seem like a bad guy. But he cuts a lot of corners, and has taken advantage of and lied to Jendee.

I wouldn't put him in the same category as outright scammers and thieves, but his business ethics are not what I consider to be good guy material. He's more interested in making a profit than in being honest, and the only reason he apologized here is because other people kept pressuring him to do so as a form of damage control.

I have no doubt that most of his high dollar customers are satisfied, but a good guy doesn't adjust his ethics based on how much the buyer is spending. That's just bad business.