FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #499
Elizabethlea27
Ok. So here's my update. He can right himself fine, and my vet said neonates actually tend to stargaze sometimes with no negative reason behind it, and we agreed that was a possibility, because he is showing no signs of coordination problems today whatsoever. He rights himself immediately when flipped, crawled up the vet's arm, was tongue flicking, and generally acted bright and normal. Especially after an hour's drive.

HOWEVER.

That does not negate the fact that he has and had mites, and that he was exposed to possible IBD. My vet is going to email Dr. Jacobson herself about which tests (blood tests/biopsies) to do on whom, and after the holidays are over we will proceed from there. If any snakes are IBD positive I will have them put down. If they test negative they get another year to show symptoms or then be re-tested. And that's it! h and she asked how many snakes I have, about my quarantine room and how I do quarantine, and although the mite issue is a huge shame she is happy with what I'm doing and just wants me to keep it up. We will start testing ASAP.

Hopefully very soon mites won't be a worry... there were a quite a few dead on paper towels today.

And the last thing I wanted to add, was that before we headed out to the vet's office we checked the bags Ashley had sent me the two Bolivians in - and sure enough, there were tiny dead mites in them. Ashley, you DEFINITELY gave my collection mites as well as exposed it to probable IBD. Where is your response to this?