FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - getting " envenomated " can get you ........
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
reptilebreeder
That's why I posted this
Quote:
Well, at least your not too humble.

p.s. I've handled hots (granted only Crotalus) for longer than you have been alive, and I've never been bitten
. When he posted this on the welcome forum

Quote:
Hay all my name is Vinny i have studied herpetology for almost 15 years mostly snakes
hay i study locality BCC's and true vipers mostly. but I have experience with all reptiles. if you have any questions please feel free to ask, i started working with hots at the age of 6. i went 12 years with out an envenomation until i moved to PA, i was envenomated by my west african bush viper (Atheris Chloroechis) feb,9 2004 i almost died from that bite since the atheris ssp has no known antivenin. the philadelphia zoo saved my live as i did too. we boath decided on S.A.I.M.R polyvalent, after 9 hrs after the bite i finally started the IV drip with the AV and thank god it worked. about a year after that my 2 month old eastern diamondback rattler nailed me. 5 mins after the bite i was paralized and i couldent walk for 3 days i dont have any scaring from the rattler bite but the bush viper left me with about 60% of my left index finger boath bites were 110% my fault sticking my hands in the cage i have never been bit handling a hot which you should never do unless it's totally nessary. right now i have
0.1 yellow anaconda
0.1 Belknap suriname BCC
0.1 Marajo, Guyana local BCC
1.0 Pokigron suriname BCC
and my hots are no longer at my house my mom wanted them out. but im getting 1 of my ituri forest rhino babies. im also breeding locality puff adders with a friend. if you have questions my e-mail is (gutterboy42002@aol.com)im 20 yrs old and i have more exp with herps than most ppl in their 30's im no fony lol i hope i get to talk to you my fellow herpers thanks for reading and rember 1 thing " THEIR ARE 2 KINDS OF PEOPLE WHO WORK WITH HOTS THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BIT AND THOSE WHO WILL BE BIT" im not saying that every1 that works with hots will get bit but their always is that 1 mistake thanks again and take care.. Vinny D

(A.K.A.)SNAKEMAN
Fisrt of all he states he began working with hots at age 6. I call BS. His dad may have had some of his own hots that he [his dad]cared for, but there is no way a 6 yo is working with hots. If he was, the father should be arrested for child endangerment, or nominated for a darwin award. Like many of us there were snakes in the household when we were we toddlers, but we didn't realistically "work with them" till we were a bit older (and I'm talking about non venomous). Speaking for myself I didn't start actually handling hots, till I was around 16, and that was when I was out herping with friends, and without my dad's "permission". Since it was the welcome forum, no one else took notice, and all the rest of the posts were "I think children are our future, we need to help them all we can, so welcome vinny" Well, maybe it's just me, but according to this 20 yo's post he doesn't need any help, he's here to help those who haven't been herpetologists since they were 6.