FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #51
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Terry

Whether or not the price was above market, David agreed to pay it. Kelly's method of running her shows apparently differs from yours.....so what? She sells advertising / sponsorships and you don't....so what. So far not a single one of your posts on this thread have really made any sense. Your objecting to her advertising philosophy is beyond irrelevant here. This is not a case of someone someone saying that they would take an animal and then flaking. This was acceptance of an ongoing service that took place over a couple of months. There is quite a difference.

Joel

I'm not quite sure where you acquired your legal acumen but a contract most definitely is in place here. Whoever told you it needs to be signed before it is valid is in error. It is always preferable but not necessary. Emails are most certainly binding just like any other written correspondence. A service was offered for a price and accepted. Approval of advertising was given by David. He even suggested a payment plan. Your assertion that Kelly should not have implemented the service till she was paid has a bit of merit but she apparently thought his word that payment was on the way was good enough. That was a mistake only in hindsight. When I am dealing with people whose word i think is good I generally extend trust till there is a reason not to.

David definitely needs to respond. You two seem to be his only defenders here.
I said it was my opinion and please quote where I said I was a lawyer.
If I wanted legal advise i would ask my father.
So what are you doing? Defending the other person involves so that somehow makes you right? If 5 people defend someone then everyone else is wrong my bad..
You seem to take the tone of trying to be a smart (insert). Do you see anywhere that I belittled anyone posting to this thread? So why do you feel the need to "try"? Does that some how make you right (don't think so)?
Like I said in a earlier post he doesn't have to explain anything if he chooses not to.. If he comes and says what he has to I can bet you would still continue on your little witch hunt (I know you wouldn't lol)..
You can trust all you want and get burned all you want I don't care one way or another. A contract won't prevent that either but you can take it to court and hope to get a judgement. Take that page of emails to court when all it shows is one person trying to get a response and not getting one until late in the game which wouldn't give me confidence that we have a meeting of the minds.
I will stop so that this can continue unless another suncoast tries to be a smart (insert) for speaking and not agreeing with his way of thinking. Dang I should've agreed with the side who has the most people..