FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - URGENT!!!CORN SNAKE LOST IN WALLS!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:05 AM   #10
Zach8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
Quick afterthought: corn & other rat snakes love to climb, so if he comes out of the wall (like at night when you're not watching) he might head for furniture, like tall bookshelves. I've played "hide & seek" with a few snakes over the years, but never permanently lost any.
One was a new baby king snake that escaped a store bought cage with sliding screen (there was just a tiny bit of wiggle room...turns out snakes have nothing better to do than find any such weakness)...it helped that she was an albino, it made her easier to see: she ended up in a boot in my closet!
Many years ago when I was new at keeping snakes I had a spare bedroom that was fairly empty & that I made "snake proof" so I could let a snake out to get some exercise. Well I think I ended up getting the most exercise, lol: I gave the highest score to one of my rat snakes...I found her vertically clinging to the inside of a coat hanging in the closet, and the way I spotted her was that the tip of her tail was sticking out through one of the button-holes. (I regret having no picture of that, it was funny)
I've since given up playing "hide & seek" with my snakes, they're way better at it than me!
My plan was to stay by the dishwasher 24/7. Is it bad if my mom uses the dishwasher while he is behind or under the dishwasher?