FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 11:55 AM   #7
Xelda
I'm not affiliated with Terri, but I have to agree that it sounds like a husbandry issue. This wasn't your first beardie, but you're still unsure about the proper temps?

I think it's odd that her advice on the phone would contradict the caresheet on her site. However, regardless of what she told you, you should never limit yourself to just one resource. This applies to basically every facet of life, from an academic paper to animal husbandry to movie reviews. Bearded dragons are a popular pet, and there is an incredible wealth of information out there to show for it. You should be able to Google up a gazillion caresheets. If 50 of them say to keep the basking temps at 110, wouldn't it occur to you that the one or two people who say to keep it at 90 might be wrong?

Did she actually say, "Don't let the temps go over 95 degrees," or did she warn against raising the temps perhaps thinking you had them higher than what you did?