FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Nick Lillis – XtremVipereXotics
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
Michael Brown
Nick Lillis – XtremVipereXotics

Who is this guy? In the market for a monitor, so have been paying good attention to that part of the classifieds. What stood out initially was the large Nile monitor he is selling. It appears to be a 25-30lb animal that he is holding by the neck, but states once of of cage he is fine. Also the cage he has it in seems to be, non-ideal? To say the least. Animal is 2 inches from an exposed light, screen with large holes (impossible to hold humidity/heat), and overall looks too small IMO. He has a bunch of listings, I have provided a few screen shots of what I deemed relevant.

Started to look around, appears he had himself listed as 22 years old, with 30 year’s of experience, derp. When called out, he apparently removed his age from his profile, and stated he is in his 50’s. At that point my interested was peaked. Found a Nick Lillis on fb, appears to be in his young 20s, listed as living in Sparta New Jersey. This is ~30 minutes from the Nick Lillis here who is listed as living in Sussex NJ. This fb profile happens to have a bunch of "likes" of reptile groups. Think I am getting warm. His light facial hair (or lack thereof) + distinctly large hands look very similar to the individual posing in the fauna pictures (see below).

From the looks of it, the only thing he might be guilty of is lying about his age, poor husbandry (in my opinion, cedar chips, multiple species in one cage), getting rather aggressive when questioned about his age (see below), and some suspect identification of his reptiles. For me, that’s enough to avoid him. His animals look to be in decent shape. It makes me wonder if he raised them or acquired them. I find it hard to believe, from his caging, that they would have decent sheds / function properly, but who knows. Would like to know if anyone has had a positive interaction with him.
Attached Images