FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - "GIRL" question.. heads up!
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #24
GottaLuvHerps
Brandi,

First, good luck with the surgery. And yes, it IS good that you guys have a list of questions, ask EVERYTHING you can think of, no matter how stupid. And thank God that you have a supportive husband in this, he will be a blessing to you, believe me.

I personally have not had a hysterectomy yet, but have an appt set up for Dec 2nd to go have another biopsy to figure out if we are just doing a thermal burn of my uterus or doing a partial "gutting out" (my doctor loves that term LOL). Although I have not been diagnosed with endometriosis, I have had major "female" problems since I was 18, and have gone through the line of treatments for just about everything, including having my cervix frozen with liquid nitrogen a few times (gosh now THAT'S a bunch of fun right there LOL). Right now I am dealing with seriously heavy bleeding issues that send me as close the "anemic and needs to be in the hospital" line as possible. I have been on progesterone treatment for awhile now, started right after a D&E to "clean me out" after bleeding like a damned stuck pig for 10 days. At 31, it is not easy having to do the menopause thing as you know, and honestly, I have had my 3 kids (plus have 2 step-daughters), had my tubes tied after the baby last year, so the idea of "no more kids" is a WONDERFUL thing to me LOL.

So I feel your pain and nervousness - it is a big surgery and can be scary. But be confident in your doctor, and never be afraid to ask questions. Lots of prayer and a big list of questions will help you. Keep us as updated as you feel comfortable with, and keep your chin up!

Kelly Kordek