FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Osmosis Project - Potential New Gene
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #18
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
All four eggs hatched about 2 weeks ago, but I was so busy I didn't have a chance to post the update until now.

Although I hatched what I consider are four very nice calicos, I did not get what I would consider to be a super osmosis calico. I will wait for them to age before I try to determine whether all, a few, or none got the osmosis gene (osmosis calicos tend to have a unique hue).

There are three possibilities I can see so far with this project:
1. The female possible osmosis calico is just a very nice calico, so no super was produced because she didn't have the osmosis gene.
2. Bad odds... I only had a 25% chance of hitting a super with a single gene x single gene pairing, so maybe I just missed it.
3. Osmosis is a dominant harlequin gene with no super.

So far it looks like I have one male and three females. I will be keeping one female (haven't decided which yet), but the rest of the clutch I will probably sell. I simply can't keep them all. I may also sell the osmosis calico adult male in picture 3 in post 3, haven't made up my mind yet.
Was this clutch from an animal that could be a super calico? Kind if hoping you've done research and at the very least accepted that there's a possibility and that 1 calico x calico where the person didn't even attempt to prove the offspring as super is enough to justify the putre incinuation that there isn't a super, or that the super pin and leo look identical to the base gene and that is likely to be the case with calico. Also I would gaurantee that bieng the first to prove it out would put you on the front page of the reptile report and probobly even earn a "sticky" on the side of the front page.