FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kill all the lawyers,...except ours
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #13
thesnakeman
Jeff,
Sorry bro, but this issue is not settled just yet. Here's why. I called the Federal office in Atlanta today. I talked to Gloria Bell, who is the person that signs each permit. She also says that a permit is required. If the feds say you need a permit, then you'd better get one, unless you have one helluva lawyer! So I had her send me the document to which you have provided a link. I looked at it and found the paragraph about breeding loans. The way I read it, I would have to agree with Jeff. It looks to me like there is no permit required for said activity. So I have asked for clearifacation as to why a permit is required, even though, it clearly says a permit is not required. I am waiting for a response. I have been assured that they will answer me tomorrow. And I will keep you updated. One way or another, I will get this mess cleared up. If I have to drive to D.C. to the main office and raise holy hell with the M.M.F.I.C., then that's what I'll do! But I will get this straightened out! One way or another we are going to get ALL parties on the same sheet of music. PERIOD. If the governing authority and the people who are trying to do said activity are in conflict about how it needs to be done, there will ultimatly be problems. And the folks who will suffer will be folks like me. And THAT is not acceptable. So lets see what they tell me next, and we'll go from there. Who knows maybe we'll have to sue the Federal Government to fix this. I sure hope not. But as it stands now, I agree that no permit should be required.
T.