FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Change to mobile device appearance/format?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 11:58 PM   #42
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Of course, I can't speak for others, but I lurked for several months after I registered. Mostly, I was just trying to get a feel for the site and its members, and what the general culture was like. With the BOI gone, maybe folks joined just to view/post classifieds, and may never feel the need to post.
Well, sounds like a good theory, so I went through and did some spot checks of various periods of new registrations in the past to check where those people were posting, and I would have to say that 99% of them posted in the classifieds section, whether responding to an existing ad, or starting one of their own. And those areas I checked were AFTER the BOI had been closed.

So I tend to think that the closing of the BOI has nothing to do with this recent phenomenon.

BTW, I was talking about posting on the entire site, which does include the classifieds sections. Basically zip for postings from those new registrations.