FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #65
aoldham3
LONG POST

So, I just got into buying crickets in bulk. I ordered from bulk the first time and things were great.

Then I found Fluker Farms and they were cheaper so I tried it and ordered 250. The first batch came with about 100 crickets, 40 or so dead ones, a bunch of those worms (not to the extreme as that picture), some beetles, and one GIGANTIC spider.

I called about the low number and they were very nice. Sent me a new batch at no charge.

Then, the next day, upon discovering the spider, I called again. They had me send them a picture of it and then told me that it was a yellow sac spider. This is a poisonous spider. I am terrified of spiders (especially ones as big as this one). They apologized and explained that because they cannot use pesticides or any other chemicals, these spiders are a problem. Again, they were very nice and patient. They then sent me another shipment and gave me a full refund. I didn't ask for either. I only called because I was concerned that this spider was dangerous.

I probably will go back to Ghann's just because they seem more organized and their crickets were very healthy and there were no extra friends in the shipment. I will say that the customer service at Fluker Farms was amazing to me.

I created an account just for this post because I was wondering if giant spiders are normal with cricket breeding. I have researched the worms and beetles and found that they are very normal and even helpful. But, I have not found out any information on spiders.

To the person who started this. I am so saddened to hear about your experience and to see the picture. You really got unlucky. I would agree with the folks telling you to calm down. This happens. It does not make it right but, in order to get kindness, understanding, and respect, you must first give it.

I do highly recommend Ghann's but, will also say that I plan on keeping the worms from this batch for when I get my shipment from Ghann's. The smell difference is amazing!