FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Where y'all from?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Sasheena
Let's see...

I was born in Seattle, but my parents moved to California when I was three, so my memories of seattle are very sparse. In fact, I can only remember peeing in my pants as my one and only memory of seattle.

Grew up in California, the Bay Area. Lived there until I was 23. I went to junior college after dropping out of high school. Studied there forEVER.

Spent a year and a half serving a mission for my church in El Paso Texas.

AFter my mission I went to Brigham Young University in Utah to get a degree in Statistics. Applied for grad school, but was turned down... went home to California for a year to sulk. Worked as a shipping clerk during that time. (company made kits to test for STD's in cows and people).

AFter I was done sulking, I moved BACK to utah where I taught at Utah Valley State College. Had fun for a year doing that before I realized that $800/month just wouldn't sustain me.

Moved to Georgia, without any job planned, immediately got a job teaching at a boarding school. Met hubby. Married him.

After we got married, we looked around and found jobs teaching at a public high school in Arizona. Moved out here, with plans to become certified. After two years we bought our current house. We've been in this house now for a year and a half. We currently don't have any plans on moving at least in the next four years. This summer we will have our four-year anniversary.

June of this year, one of his daughters chose to come live with us permanently, so we are a family now.