FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Where y'all from?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
Turtle_Mamma
Red face Hey new here

Hey I'm, new here I live in Georgia now have for the last 7 years now.
I'm originally from Omaha Nebraska. I love living here but the problem I have is finding reputable breeders who sell healthy babies. The Wed before last I bought and received 2 Baby Western painted Turts, only to find out on the following Friday, the babies i received were not Western painted but Southern Painteds. WE called the dealer and they told us we could trade them up o keep em, I decided to keep em i learned they would be smaller than my RES and the grow slower would be less of impact on my finances.
Well on Saturday last week we called dealer because the babies still were not eating and only basking,
Well they told this was normal they would be fine to use some of the supplement we had bought from them. Well we tried and they would open their mouths, and then we were told to put a drop on their noses they would have to open their mouths eventually well this did not help either finally as a last ditch effore on Wed last week we ran to the store and bought some pedialight for them to soak in,
My First baby died before I got home.
The second died that evening
Well that is my story that has brought me to your forum. I am to be receiving two more babies for free, I'm not sure which they are sending either Western or Southern painteds
I do not plan to go through that site again but i am seriously worried these babies are gonna be sick too. Do you know of any reputable sites they have out there.