FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Gruesome Gaboon
Thread: Gruesome Gaboon
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
Seamus Haley
Kind of testing something here... Determining if posts can be edited by users in the photo forums and what, if any message is displayed when they are.

In that I personally don't remember Gregg's URL being up there before and frankly I doubt it would have caused the stir that it did.

Beyond which... In addition to pissing everyone off with your lies on the thread which has turned into a venomoid debate- regardless of the legalities of posting credited photos online, it's not POLITE and is NOT a good way to behave on a public and widely used herp board. The owner of the photo, while a fairly laid back guy, obviously didn't appreciate it, obviously wasn't asked for permission and is very much so a respected individual in the hobby. Think long and hard about the toes you're stepping on and what they might tell their friends.

Edit: Yes, users can edit their own post in these sections.

Second Edit: And there is no message on the post indicating if it was edited, when or by who... So I'm going to go ahead and say that Gregg's URL was edited in after this kid got in trouble. Seriously now... just how many lies do you want to be caught in and how much back peddling will you have to do before you realize that you can't get away with BSing on a site like this?