FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Lucille Hollander
Thread: Inquiry Lucille Hollander
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #62
Herpin Man
The way I see it, the BOI, and the situations addressed herein, are more relevant to business transactions, than they are to herp keeping itself. Yes, I understand that transactions involving live animals contain elements that make it quite different from, say, doing a return at Target. However, I have noticed that posts which appear to reflect more of a business perspective than a herp keeping perspective, tend to be more logical and on point than those which demonstrate a lack of business knowledge, regardless of that persons experience with herp keeping or selling.
Unlike most traditional businesses, herp selling doesn't require a background in management, sales, customer service, or even knowing how to communicate with others in a civil manner. Many of the subjects of BOI demonstrate that quite well.
Point being, while the input of someone involved in large numbers of herp transactions certainly has value, so does the input of someone with a good sense of business transactions in general, regardless of whether that person buys or sells large numbers of animals.