FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware.
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #85
todeyius
Thumbs down

Varnyard Herps is a complete scam.

I placed deposits down in March for a male red tegu and female extreme giant. In early July when I later discovered all these stories about bobby and 2011 red tegus, I called him to make sure everything was going to be fine. He said that he had extra red breeding pairs going this season and that he was 100% certain he would have a red tegu for me. He said the eggs were already laid, and that my red tegu was in a clutch scheduled to hatch of July 16. He said my extreme giant female had already hatched, but he was waiting on the red to hatch so he could ship them together. On July 18th I called him to check in & left a voicemail. The call was never returned. I have since heard from other people that he did not produce any reds.

Looking back on it all, I believe he knew up front that he would not have any reds, and sold one to me anyway. During our initial call he sounded a little shady when talking about the reds, and kept trying to sell me on an All American. I was dead set on a red though.

Complete scam. I don't throw around accusations lightly... but this is a complete scam.