FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Albino Ball Python Died!!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 12:04 PM   #85
WebSlave
Just for the record...

Since some people are alluding to Adam's refusing to name the other party in this issue as being of nefarious design, I think it is time for me to make a comment here.

Adam called me on the phone about this issue before posting it, requesting my opinion on how to approach it publicly. It was MY opinion that it was far too premature to call someone to the mat with the evidence at hand at that point. My recommendation was to post a general request for supporting evidence of what Adam saw as the possibility of a genetic flaw in a group of animals. Although this original posting was not appropriate for the BOI because of it's non specific nature concerning the source of the animal(s), it was felt that there was a great likelihood that it could very quickly become a BOI issue. Adam's concern was that in any other forum it would not get the exposure and attention he felt it deserved. It was MY decision to allow it to be initially posted in the BOI.

So for those people assuming that the approach taken by Adam was inappropriate, you are judging from hindsight. When this issue was brought up, the approach used by Adam was considered by him and myself as the most REASONABLE manner in order to bring something like this up without naming names and perhaps unfairly calling someone's ethics into question.

I just think I needed to clear the air about this as the perceived intent of his thread is starting to drift off into an unpleasant direction.