FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Brandon Griffey
Thread: Bad Guy Brandon Griffey
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #73
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAZE31 View Post
Did they not provide the proof from the vet?
Yes, I think you should scrutinize it more closely:

.[/quote]
Come on now the snake had five things total wrong with it.[/quote]

It had four actually. The fifth item is a statement of non diagnosis "in the lung, trachea, and heart".

[/quote]Are you trying to say the snake had these problems occur in nine days? [/quote]

I did a brief search on the four items listed, and the items in the comment listed immediately below them. Items 1 & 2 relate to the ulcers which the vet stated in the video were caused by stress. What stress? Being taken from it's secure environment, shipped, handled, and forced to adjust to foreign environments containing other animals(how ever many Tom placed him with to breed), and breeding. Could all this occur in nine days? Yes. It did. Due to the poor choices of the buyer(or his agent, however Tom fits into this).

The other two items relate to the effects of the salmonella, the likely cause of death. Most beings carry around the salmonella bacteria, even us, certainly reptiles. what makes them potent is the number of the bacteria in the system and their access to the blood stream. If they do not gain access to the blood stream they are not an issue. A large enough salmonella colony in the snake could easily cause death in nine days, soo.. Could the snake have picked up enough salmonella bacteria at Toms' to cause this? Yep. Is there a way to know? Not for us. Could the snake have already been carrying the salmonella bacteria prior to shipment? Yep. Is there a way for us to know? Not really. But what if it did have the salmonella prior to shipping? Then the stress of shipping and poor care at it's destination caused the death. Since, as the vet states, the ulcers were caused by stress, that stress is what gave the salmonella their means of entry into the snakes blood stream.

So based on the information we have so far, where the salmonella was contracted is debatable. However, as far as I'm concerned the cause of death is not, that lies squarely on the handling practices it was subjected to. It is quite likely imo that had the snake been quarantined and left alone to adjust instead of being over stressed, the ulcers would not have developed. The outstanding tests may prove me wrong on this, we'll know more when the results come in. Assuming they get posted.