FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - High End Herps Soon Hiring!! Senior Manager Needed! $36,000 & free housing to start!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #12
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
I was thinking about this. In viewing your website you have very few animals that are legal in Maine without a permit. Most of your inventory is made up of burm and retic morph's. Both are very difficult to get a permit for. I would think other states have "hampering" restrictions as well, so opening a franchise in 48 States would seem to be impractical to me.

Also, if you had a store front, a permit for the above is not an option because pet shops are not allowed to sell restricted animals, or even have them on the premises.
Excellent observation.

You would have to wonder just how such a franchise would be profitable for the franchisee. No doubt the franchiser would do quite well with up front fees and the ongoing income from a guaranteed customer base (the franchisee). But with shipping costs, franchise associated costs and the cost of a retail presence it just seems that McReptiles is more a vision than a sustainable reality.

What exactly would be the draw to one of these franchises for a customer? A pet store is the last place I would consider purchasing a reptile from - let alone anything high-end. Maybe if they carried a decent, competitively priced selection of herp-related products and were conveniently located to me I would give them some business, but otherwise I just don't see the appeal.

Would I personally consider a franchise with High End Herps? Not based upon the mis-steps I have seen thus far.

Griz said what I think at least a few of us have been thinking after looking at these threads and while I'd hope it isn't a scam - at this point it just doesn't pass muster.