FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Would including a USPS MO on trades help decrease the risk posed by trades?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
The BoidSmith
Would including a USPS MO on trades help decrease the risk posed by trades?

The "Trade and Audit forum" is a way to perform a trade with witnesses to the conditions before a transaction is conducted. After taking a nap i had a "what if" thought that would like for anyone to think about and provide your input.

You may want to say that if someone is already out to scam you he will do it one way or another and I can't deny that logic.

If things are going to go wrong they usually are with the person that ships in the second place. What if one "used" the legal system to obtain further reassurance that you will receive your shipment? The person that's running the most risk is the one shipping first, right? First you are not be sure if you will receive what you are trading for, and from there down all the other possibilties of misrepresentation. I'm trying to focus here on just one, guaranteeing that you are going to receive a package in return. Its contents or lack of them for that matter is a whole different story.

Can anyone think of some way to ensure that you will get something in return. There's not a right or wrong answer here, I would like for us to brainstorm, or at least a few sprinkles if possible

Best regards.