FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Help! Im new to hognoses and my female hasn't eaten in going on 3 months!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 03:23 AM   #24
Saphire4260
Ive only seen one shed from her in the time ive had her I had just been surprised to see ot at the time because she hadnt been eating. She does like to soak but I havent seen any mites, I gave her a pretty good look over when I bought her as well as whenever I take her out. The vet also looked her over and didnt notice any so if their there, their cant be many.

I do have a under tank heater and I have removed the heat lamp as of 3 weeks ago. She should be able to thermo regulate but I can try and make it easier for her to do so. Honestly other then the non eating she seems to act completely normal for what i would expect anyway which is why I am so confused. Do you think I should put slightly cooler water (only a little still close to room temp) in so if she does soak to cool down she can do so more efficiently? Alot of people ive talked to seem to suggest moving her back to the small 7 quart tub so Ive done that but I still have a under tank heater with the hot spots at 85ish. Its harder to make a temp gradient with these but ive been trying to keep the average temp in the bin around 80-85. Do you think thats okay? I still have 2 hides one on either side and a bowl she can soak in.