FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service**
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #69
RubberDuckey273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
If I was a new member, and received that response, I probably wouldn't be too happy with it myself. Yes, he should have taken the time to look around first, but come on....the guy has less than 50 posts, and asked a question. How hard would it have been to reply by saying, "Only contributing members can post in the classified section.", and then link the thread.

Nope....he's not a customer. Contributor? Not any time soon. Am I the only one here that thinks Rich's condescension has something to do with that?
So that every time this guy, or someone else, has a question that has been clearly posted on the boards for everyone to see? Why reward someone for their inability to follow simple rules. The mods have a lot more to worry about than answering questions over and over that have already been answered in a thread.

And Rich didn't become short with him until after it was obvious that the OP wasn't going to take the time to read the link given to him. If he didn't understand it, he shouldn't have been rude and should have said "I'm sorry, but i'm having a hard time understanding that thread." From what I'm seeing, he was rude first, and expected the mod to kiss his butt because he graces this site with his presence.

Also, why in the world would you expect "better" service as a contributing member? Maybe more respect because you're showing the forums that you support what fauna does for us. But I'm pretty sure if a contributing member had sent the same question to the moderator, they would have received the exact same, perfectly acceptable response.