FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Petco: Who Breeds for them?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 07:06 PM   #19
ShannanD25
Actually their tanks are cleaned daily and any fish even looking ill is quarantined, same with the Leos. I've never even seen a spec of algae growing on the tanks.I am in there at least weekly through volunteering with a cat rescue. I have yet to see any reptile , fish, or critter looking emaciated. And the aviary is one of the best I've seen in pet stores. We raise birds, mostly larger ones, and can say they are well kept. I'm not sure if you are going to a different Pet co or what.
They don't have a sales floor they put birds on, they are all kept in the aviary. So you will see younger birds but they will have available on dates on their cages. The woman back there is extremly knowledgable and loving to her "babies".
Their Leos look great. There is on occaision a thin one but you rarely see it as any that appear ill are taken into the back room and set up in a little hospital tank and hand fed. I know this because I usually ask whoever is in aquatics how the Leos are doing.
My friend also fosters(small animals) for Petco and works at the vet Petco uses. They do care for their animals and recently paid $700 for an operation and care on a guinea pig.

Superpetz is bad. I won't go there either. But they have recently purchased a new display that at least heats. They still have alot to learn however. But at least they don't sell many Leos at 49.99 each or 74.99 for albino(which often aren't albinos and their regulars have a few "chocolate" albinos mixed in)

If I thouhg Petco was bad like some of the local petstores, I would go there, nor support them on this site, but they have good knowledable people who care about the animals.