FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Time waster DAVID PHILIPS
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
Croghans Reptiles
Angry Time waster DAVID PHILIPS

Was selling off some leopards on hoobly.com and was contacted by this fella. He was a little sketch but nothing really worrisome at first. We agree on price and payment is sent.

Two days go by and he tells me his assistant sent the wrong check. Okay, reasonable I suppose. He then tells me to deposit the check when it arrives and return his funds via walmart. I'd keep what I was owed and the remainder after fees would be returned (all of this is in texts should mods ask for proof, I can supply it). A little weird but whatever, I'm not losing anything.

So I get the check and it's waaaay over what we agreed on. $2,750. I tell him it's here and safe and when Monday rolls around and the funds clear I can send it back. This was last Monday before Thanksgiving by the way. Check doesn't clear by Monday.

Tuesday I'm at Walmart getting ready for the upcoming holidays. I bring my cart to checkout and when I go to pay, my card is declined. Weird, I just had 300 in there yesterday. I check my account and I'm $-2000.01 . Why? Because his check wouldn't clear. So I left my groceries and went home a very unhappy person

Wednesday, after a couple days of constant harrassment about how much he "would appreciate if I send payment today" this includes but is not limited to multiple texts an hour, multiple reasons why he needs the money immediately, and an assortment of other nags. I told him, many times, his money did not clear. I told him, many times, I'd return the funds when they were available. None of this was good enough until Thanksgiving day.

Thursday, I'm pissed. I've got no money, no food, no toilet paper, because my bank account is still frozen. If that's not enough, I gotta work for 13 hours that afternoon. Philips gets back at it with the nagging and I finally flip and am like "guy, back off. I've got no money because of your check that won't clear. This isn't my fault and I'm the only one trying to correct it." He's like "oh okay I understand now"

Ghosted

Monday I get a letter, I just opened it a few.minutes ago. Keybank has returned the check as it is altered/fictitious. It's here in front of me if anyone needs photo evidence. Now I gotta go in and find out how much I'm owed so they don't charge me for the fake check. Awesome. As of right now my funds have be returned to me and I can thankfully pay my bills this week.

Be careful out there folks

Here's his info:

David Philips