FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #568
filenamex5100
I may be way out of my mind here but ill take a crack. been reading this for the past 2 hours.
is it possible to file a federal lawsuit for fraud? the animal would have to cross state lines which could make it federal jurisdiction right? how did you pay the $400? you can sue on the bases on electronic fraud or postal fraud if you mailed it (maybe only with a usps money order).

perhaps the raffle was illegal in your state but that should exclude you from punitive damages (which include headaches, embarrassment, etc etc). I recently sued the credit bureaus and won so I am fairly familiar with certain aspect on the a lawsuit with regards to damages....which is where the majority of your damages and compensation would come from. I sued on a federal level. texas allows triple damages (award x3) so maybe I should've went that route.
it really irritates me to see this scenario playing out for you. its a nightmare. you will at a very minimum get your $400 back. if you are not awarded additional punitive damages, I would think the alternative would be jail time for him. you absolutely want to have your ducks in a row if you push it to the federal level. document every single piece of paper your printed, time on the phone, fuel cost to and from anywhere that has a direct relation to your case. decide what a reasonable settlement amount would be for those items. I did that as well and then multiplied it by 3 to get my punitive damages. if you get a judge that 100% agrees with you, that information could become his framework for your award and save him the time. hence why I said make it reasonable. you cant ask for a million dollors....however....punitive damages can add up to be 90% of a settlement dollar amount.

you absolutely have a case! illegal raffle or not...he cannot commit fraud because you broke a law. this really looks like fraud to me. I would even say its the textbook example of a bait and switch fraud scheme. he would've had a better shot at saying no one won at all! obviously that is fraud to but he could have gotten away with that a little easier.

I have ZERO clue if my lawyers can be of any help but I would encourage you to contact them and see if they can help. they helped me a great deal at no charge! SmithMarco from Chicago. I'm not even sure they support this type of lawsuit but its worth a shot. call or email larry or david.

I really hope you get it figured out. I don't know either one of you but so far this Ty character is a piece of trash!
**for the record....you are not greedy. you simply want what you paid for and nothing more.