FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bringing a 2nd dog into the picture ?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
jfoster38122
I agree with techgirl. I think adding another dog would be compounding the problem/issues. It's time to show her who the leader of the pack is. This in now way means anything in the lines of being mean or harsh. Who feeds the dog, walks her, in general takes care of her basic needs? If it's the wife, as I suspect then she sees her as leader and you are under her in the pack. I also agree to get into an obedience class. Let the instructor know what you want to work on and I'm sure you will see a noticeable difference soon. Make sure the class uses positive reinforcement or clicker training. I am not promoting any company but I work at Petco on the weekends <don't boo me LOL> and I just finished the CEI <canine education instructor> and this Sunday is my first class to teach alone. Set rules for the house and hold to em. I let my two Rotties and German Shepherd lay where ever they want, but when I wanna lay on the sofa or sit in the chair they have to get up when I tell them to. We also let our 124 lb female Rottie sleep in the bed but when we want her to sleep in her kennel which is in the bedroom we tell her to kennel up and she does it. Of course it's easy with her as she is always willing to please. Now our male Rottie is another story but I am the one to feed him and take care of him when he's sick so I am leader of the pack.

Jerry